Evergreen Rowing supports the strong market for used Maas boats.
Welcome to our Used Boats page. Every day, this page is visited by about 25 people in search of a great value in a fine shell. In other words, there’s lots of interest, and you’re well advised to not wait too long to contact a seller. Maas Boat Company jokes that they could sell hundreds more boats every year if only they could figure out how to build a great used boat! If you don’t want to miss out on another year on the water, you might also give careful consideration to buying a new boat. Don’t miss out on the great fun we’re having.
We are eager to have boats for the multitudes dreaming of owning a used boat. Contact us if you want to sell your Maas boat. If you want to list your used Maas shell here, here’s what to do:
- write your own ad and email it to us. Include the year your shell was built, its condition, its features and optional equipment, any accessories or related gear, your price and how to contact you. Let us know if photos are available (or send them to us).
- We’ll then post your ad and also email it to those who’ve told us they seek a Maas like yours.
- Any further negotiation and communication is between you and the prospective buyer.
- If we can help transport your shell to the buyer (somewhere between where we do business and the Maas Boat Company), please let us know.
We occasionally have or know of used shells. If you are interested in a boat listed here, contact the seller directly. As of September 4, 2015 I know of one used Maas shell now available (except for those listed by others in the classifieds at row2k.com or on Craigslist):
(1) 2014 MAAS CLASSIC CARBON AERO
Very lightly used white classic carbon Aero with traditional composite riggers, bow ball, large fin and self-bailer. Always stored indoors. I have moved up to the Maas 24 and am looking for a new home for this like-new boat. This boat cost $5,145, asking $4,600. The current list price is $5,245. Aero is in San Diego. Help arranging transportation available. Contact Bill Short email@example.com.
(2) SALE PENDING 1986 white fiberglass Maas Aero in excellent condition. Original wooden clogs and seat. Accessories include a self-bailer, Concept 2 carbon fiber sculls with Macon blades, Concept 2 oarlocks, and a custom Sunbrella cover. This is a private party boat located in Redwood Shores, CA. It has been stored indoors and has not been rowed for the last 15 years. During its life it was rowed only on the calm waters of the local lagoon.
$1,850. Contact Dave Lee at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Dave at 650.218.4290. This shell can conveniently be transported north along I-5 on my next trip to Maas Boat Company.
Given the high demand, used boats move quickly. We prefer to help Maas boat owners sell their shells. We maintain a list of rowers in search of used Maas boats, and we do our best to link sellers with buyers. Linking buyers and sellers allows the seller to realize full retail value for their shell and let’s the buyer avoid sales taxes. If the extent of our service is solely to match a buyer with a seller, there is no brokerage fee.
We know that owners of Maas shells appreciate full-service and dealer support throughout the time they own their shell. Maas boat owners can be confident there is a very strong market for their used shell should their situation change and a need arise to sell their loved boat. We are committed to maintaining that market demand and matching it with the limited supply of used Maas shells.
For more information or to get on the list of buyers seeking a used boat, contact Evergreen Rowing. You may also want to check the classified section of Row2K.com, the most active market for used boats. Use the search feature to search for “Maas”. Used shells are also listed on the Noteboard page at soundrowers.org and with increasing frequency on Craigslist.
In the rare event when a seller has difficulty finding a buyer or if the seller doesn’t want to handle the sale of his/her shell, Evergreen Rowing will hold any used Maas boat on consignment. If you place your shell with us on consignment, we charge a $300 brokerage fee.