Used Maas boats are in demand.
We are eager to have boats for the multitudes dreaming of owning a used boat. Contact us if you want to sell your Maas boat. If you want to list your used Maas shell here, here’s what to do:
- write your own ad and email it to us. Include the year your shell was built, its condition, its features and optional equipment, any accessories or related gear, your price and how to contact you. Let us know if photos are available (or send them to us).
- We’ll then post your ad and also email it to those who’ve told us they seek a Maas like yours.
- Any further negotiation and communication is between you and the prospective buyer.
- If we can help transport your shell to the buyer (somewhere between where we do business and the Maas Boat Company), please let us know.
If you are interested in a boat listed here, contact the seller directly. As of May 25, 2017 I know of three used Maas shells now available (except for those listed by others in the classifieds at row2k.com or on Craigslist).
(1) Maas 24. I bought this MAAS 24 at an auction near Wilmington NC, I like projects, it had some soft spots and needed some fiberglass work. At this point I would say it is “Functionally Restored” To take it to show room condition, it will need a professional… That said, it rows…I row an Alden rig I restored, and compared to that it flies…In any case, I am looking to sell the MAAS. I could get by with $1500 for it as is in Hampstead NC… If you can help sell it great, if not, I will put in craigslist…and barter it for another project..probably get a couple goats and a steer. What you see in the pic is exactly what I have for sale…”Functional, but a cheap way to get into a very neat boat…”
Shane contact email@example.com
2) Maas Aero Carbon Classic rowing shell. $3199
Includes two sets of oars. (fixed length Dreher hatchet blade and Braca with a Macon Blade)
Fair Condition needing some fiberglass repair (see Photos)
Shell is located in Boise, Idaho
Mark Smith: firstname.lastname@example.org or 208-631-9794
3) 2002 Maas Single (also known as the “27”) carbon/e-glass shell with Dreher adjustable Apex RX blades. Like new condition. Used solely at Lake of the Woods, Oregon. Stored indoors. $4,000. John Poole (503) 931-0855 or email@example.com
Given the high demand, used boats move quickly. We prefer to help Maas boat owners sell their shells. We maintain a list of rowers in search of used Maas boats, and we do our best to link sellers with buyers. Linking buyers and sellers allows the seller to realize full retail value for their shell and let’s the buyer avoid sales taxes. If the extent of our service is solely to match a buyer with a seller, there is no brokerage fee.
We know that owners of Maas shells appreciate full-service and dealer support throughout the time they own their shell. Maas boat owners can be confident there is a very strong market for their used shell should their situation change and a need arise to sell their loved boat. We are committed to maintaining that market demand and matching it with the limited supply of used Maas shells.
For more information or to get on the list of buyers seeking a used boat, contact Evergreen Rowing. You may also want to check the classified section of Row2K.com, the most active market for used boats. Use the search feature to search for “Maas”. Used shells are also listed on the Noteboard page at soundrowers.org and with increasing frequency on Craigslist.
In the rare event when a seller has difficulty finding a buyer or if the seller doesn’t want to handle the sale of his/her shell, Evergreen Rowing will hold any used Maas boat on consignment. If you place your shell with us on consignment, we charge a $300 brokerage fee.