Evergreen Rowing supports the strong market for used Maas boats.
Welcome to our Used Boats page. Every day, this page is visited by about 25 people in search of a great value in a fine shell. “WOW, your website works like a CHARM! I think I might have sold it already!” from Bev whose ad was online for three hours. In other words, there’s lots of interest, and you’re well advised to not wait too long to contact a seller. Maas Boat Company jokes that they could sell hundreds more boats every year if only they could figure out how to build a great used boat! If you don’t want to miss out on another year on the water, you might also give careful consideration to buying a new boat. Don’t miss out on the great fun we’re having.
We are eager to have boats for the multitudes dreaming of owning a used boat. Contact us if you want to sell your Maas boat. If you want to list your used Maas shell here, here’s what to do:
- write your own ad and email it to us. Include the year your shell was built, its condition, its features and optional equipment, any accessories or related gear, your price and how to contact you. Let us know if photos are available (or send them to us).
- We’ll then post your ad and also email it to those who’ve told us they seek a Maas like yours.
- Any further negotiation and communication is between you and the prospective buyer.
- If we can help transport your shell to the buyer (somewhere between where we do business and the Maas Boat Company), please let us know.
We occasionally have or know of used shells. If you are interested in a boat listed here, contact the seller directly. As of June 25, 2016 I know of five used Maas shells now available (except for those listed by others in the classifieds at row2k.com or on Craigslist):
(1) NEW PRICE 2014 Maas 2x $7500 for shell and accessories
(2) 1996 carbon Classic Aero. “The shell is in very good condition, and housed indoors at the Open Water Rowing Center in Sausalito, California, as are the adjustable Dreher sculls and PFD. Asking price of $3,350 ($3,000 for the shell with bailer, $300 for the sculls, and $50 for the PFD).” Fred Klaske at firstname.lastname@example.org.
(3) Older yellow fiberglass Maas 24 with bailer and compass. Located in Seward Park (Seattle). Sculls included. “Good overall condition”. $2200. Contact Malcolm Vetterlein at 206-399-4224 or email@example.com. Photos to come soon.
(4) Classic fiberglass Aero. 2007 Aero with Dreher sculls, bailer and bow ball. Talic Seahorse slings and gel seat pad included. This scull is complete and in good condition. $2300. Located in Tacoma, WA Call or text Mike – 253-370-4763
(5) 2016 Carbon Maas Classic Aero scull, yellow/tangerine, with Dreher adjustable length Apex oars. Excellent condition; barely used. Rare superficial scratches on underside of bow. Kept inside duration of ownership. $4995 with sculls. Located in Eugene, OR. Cell is 505-603-4744 or LHammock@PCNPS.COM
Given the high demand, used boats move quickly. We prefer to help Maas boat owners sell their shells. We maintain a list of rowers in search of used Maas boats, and we do our best to link sellers with buyers. Linking buyers and sellers allows the seller to realize full retail value for their shell and let’s the buyer avoid sales taxes. If the extent of our service is solely to match a buyer with a seller, there is no brokerage fee.
We know that owners of Maas shells appreciate full-service and dealer support throughout the time they own their shell. Maas boat owners can be confident there is a very strong market for their used shell should their situation change and a need arise to sell their loved boat. We are committed to maintaining that market demand and matching it with the limited supply of used Maas shells.
For more information or to get on the list of buyers seeking a used boat, contact Evergreen Rowing. You may also want to check the classified section of Row2K.com, the most active market for used boats. Use the search feature to search for “Maas”. Used shells are also listed on the Noteboard page at soundrowers.org and with increasing frequency on Craigslist.
In the rare event when a seller has difficulty finding a buyer or if the seller doesn’t want to handle the sale of his/her shell, Evergreen Rowing will hold any used Maas boat on consignment. If you place your shell with us on consignment, we charge a $300 brokerage fee.