Used Maas boats are in demand.
Every day, this page is visited by about 25 people in search of a great value in a fine shell. “WOW, your website works like a CHARM! I think I might have sold it already!” from Bev whose ad was online for three hours. Or this… “I am surprised that within 40 minutes of your email [saying the ad had been posted]there is one with an offer to buy, “sight unseen.” In other words, there’s lots of interest, and you’re well advised to not wait too long to contact a seller. Maas Boat Company jokes that they could sell hundreds more boats every year if only they could figure out how to build a great used boat! Here’s a typical observation, “Many thanks Steve. I’ll get back to you; seems like to find an Aero in good condition, even 20 years old, speaks well for MAAS. Having owned four over many years I can attest to that.” If you don’t want to miss out on another year on the water, you might also give careful consideration to buying a new boat. Don’t miss out on the great fun we’re having.
We are eager to have boats for the multitudes dreaming of owning a used boat. Contact us if you want to sell your Maas boat. If you want to list your used Maas shell here, here’s what to do:
- write your own ad and email it to us. Include the year your shell was built, its condition, its features and optional equipment, any accessories or related gear, your price and how to contact you. Let us know if photos are available (or send them to us).
- We’ll then post your ad and also email it to those who’ve told us they seek a Maas like yours.
- Any further negotiation and communication is between you and the prospective buyer.
- If we can help transport your shell to the buyer (somewhere between where we do business and the Maas Boat Company), please let us know.
If you are interested in a boat listed here, contact the seller directly. As of August 21, 2016 I know of two used Maas shells now available (except for those listed by others in the classifieds at row2k.com or on Craigslist).
(1) 2005 Maas 24 fiberglass in close to as new condition. I have this shell on consignment in Tacoma. It is white, white rigger, bailer, large fin and wired for NK SpeedCoach (with impeller). Comes with Dreher adjustable Apex oars and an unlined grey Burnham Sunbrella full zip cover. Decals on bow are easily removed. $3700 for complete package. Contact email@example.com or 360-357-6588.
(2) 2008 Maas Flyweight
(3) Grey Burnham Boat Cover for Maas Classic Aero: Stored outside with boat for a decade or so, so it’s not gorgeous, but the Sunbrella fabric is still good. $100. Located in Olympia, WA. May be happy to deliver! – Janet at firstname.lastname@example.org
Given the high demand, used boats move quickly. We prefer to help Maas boat owners sell their shells. We maintain a list of rowers in search of used Maas boats, and we do our best to link sellers with buyers. Linking buyers and sellers allows the seller to realize full retail value for their shell and let’s the buyer avoid sales taxes. If the extent of our service is solely to match a buyer with a seller, there is no brokerage fee.
We know that owners of Maas shells appreciate full-service and dealer support throughout the time they own their shell. Maas boat owners can be confident there is a very strong market for their used shell should their situation change and a need arise to sell their loved boat. We are committed to maintaining that market demand and matching it with the limited supply of used Maas shells.
For more information or to get on the list of buyers seeking a used boat, contact Evergreen Rowing. You may also want to check the classified section of Row2K.com, the most active market for used boats. Use the search feature to search for “Maas”. Used shells are also listed on the Noteboard page at soundrowers.org and with increasing frequency on Craigslist.
In the rare event when a seller has difficulty finding a buyer or if the seller doesn’t want to handle the sale of his/her shell, Evergreen Rowing will hold any used Maas boat on consignment. If you place your shell with us on consignment, we charge a $300 brokerage fee.