Evergreen Rowing supports the strong market for used Maas boats.
Welcome to our Used Boats page. Every day, this page is visited by about 25 people in search of a great value in a fine shell. In other words, there’s lots of interest, and you’re well advised to not wait too long to contact a seller. Maas Boat Company jokes that they could sell hundreds more boats every year if only they could figure out how to build a great used boat! If you don’t want to miss out on another year on the water, you might also give careful consideration to buying a new boat. Don’t miss out on the great fun we’re having.
We are eager to have boats for the multitudes dreaming of owning a used boat. Contact us if you want to sell your Maas boat. If you want to list your used Maas shell here, here’s what to do:
- write your own ad and email it to us. Include the year your shell was built, its condition, its features and optional equipment, any accessories or related gear, your price and how to contact you. Let us know if photos are available (or send them to us).
- We’ll then post your ad and also email it to those who’ve told us they seek a Maas like yours.
- Any further negotiation and communication is between you and the prospective buyer.
- If we can help transport your shell to the buyer (somewhere between where we do business and the Maas Boat Company), please let us know.
We occasionally have or know of used shells. If you are interested in a boat listed here, contact the seller directly. As of October 19, 2014 I know of five used Maas shells now available (except for those listed by others in the classifieds at row2k.com):
(1) 2007 Maas 24 This is a white, fiberglass shell with black powder coated rigger, self-bailer, bow ball and large aluminum fin. Seldom rowed and exclusively rowed on fresh water. Also available is a pair of fixed length Dreher hatchet-bladed sculls. The shell is located in Tacoma, WA, and delivery in the Northwest can be arranged with Evergreen Rowing. Asking $2950 for the shell and sculls or $2800 for the shell alone. Contact info@ evergreenrowing.com or call 360-357-6588.
(2) Maas Flyweight.
My carbon Flyweight is a beautiful yellow gold color with a black Shirwin Stripe along the top of the aft deck. It has a compass and is wired for an NK Speed Coach. I have the gold speed coach that comes with the boat. Dreher hatchet sculls are also included. I’m asking $5200 for the shell, oars, slings and cover.
The boat is 9 years old, but is in excellent condition. It’s like brand new. I live on Lake Washington where I have a floating dock. I never traveled with the boat, so it has only been in fresh water. There is a Burnham Sunbrella boat cover included, but that is somewhat worn. It has done its job protecting the boat. It also comes with a pair of boat slings for storage – they are in brand new condition, always stored indoors.
You can call me at 206-403-8443 if you are interested.
(3) Maas Aero excellent condition, well cared for. Factory installed Bailer and Bow Ball, large fin. Concept II oars, wooden slings, custom padded Sunbrella boat cover and cover for oars included. Boat is now in Wisconsin.
(4 and 5) Model B Maas 24s. “I have a gently used pair of Maas 24’s for sale. A few patches on one boat. No oars in this sale. The boats are located in Springfield, MO. I can deliver between Missouri and Utah, or meet u at least most of the way otherwise. I will sell them for 1/2 of the new price of $4450 each. The trailer (if needed) $750, or I can keep it. Contact me at email@example.com.”
Given the high demand, used boats move quickly. We prefer to help Maas boat owners sell their shells. We maintain a list of rowers in search of used Maas boats, and we do our best to link sellers with buyers. Linking buyers and sellers allows the seller to realize full retail value for their shell and let’s the buyer avoid sales taxes. If the extent of our service is solely to match a buyer with a seller, there is no brokerage fee.
We know that owners of Maas shells appreciate full-service and dealer support throughout the time they own their shell. Maas boat owners can be confident there is a very strong market for their used shell should their situation change and a need arise to sell their loved boat. We are committed to maintaining that market demand and matching it with the limited supply of used Maas shells.
For more information or to get on the list of buyers seeking a used boat, contact Evergreen Rowing. You may also want to check the classified section of Row2K.com, the most active market for used boats. Use the search feature to search for “Maas”. Used shells are also listed on the Noteboard page at soundrowers.org and with increasing frequency on Craigslist.
In the rare event when a seller has difficulty finding a buyer or if the seller doesn’t want to handle the sale of his/her shell, Evergreen Rowing will hold any used Maas boat on consignment. If you place your shell with us on consignment, we charge a $300 brokerage fee.