Used Maas boats are in demand.
We are eager to have boats for the multitudes dreaming of owning a used boat. Contact us if you want to sell your Maas boat. If you want to list your used Maas shell here, here’s what to do:
- write your own ad and email it to us. Include the year your shell was built, its condition, its features and optional equipment, any accessories or related gear, your price and how to contact you. Let us know if photos are available (or send them to us).
- We’ll then post your ad and also email it to those who’ve told us they seek a Maas like yours.
- Any further negotiation and communication is between you and the prospective buyer.
- If we can help transport your shell to the buyer (somewhere between where we do business and the Maas Boat Company), please let us know.
If you are interested in a boat listed here, contact the seller directly. As of September 14, 2017 I know of four used Maas shells now available (except for those listed by others in the classifieds at row2k.com or on Craigslist).
(1) The Santa Cruz Rowing Club is selling “Tetra” a 2014 Maas Double.
We took on the boat after its one and only owner passed away unexpectedly. Our membership is not using it. Indeed the boat has only been rowed three times in the past two years. It is in excellent condition.
- Serial # XBQ77114F014
- Excellent condition
- One previous owner
- Stored covered and undercover outside at the Santa Cruz Small Craft Harbor since 2014
- GPS mount
- self bailers
- Stern oarlocks are “Majik” oarlocks (we have two extra sets and parts we can include in the sale or we can provide a second set of regular oarlocks to match the bow seat.)
- Splash guard
- We can deliver the boat to Evergreen Rowing at the Maas Boat Company or OWRC.
To arrange a visit or make an offer please contact me,
2) 2014 Carbon Maas 24
I took delivery of this shell June 2014. It has been very lightly used only rowed a total of 15 times and is in perfect condition. It has always been stored inside where it has been keep clean and waxed. It has a bailer, bow ball and large fin… a real pleasure to row. It also comes with a set of Dreher adjustable oars with the Little Big Blade. They are used but in very good condition (no chips, dings or fractures) although they will need new grips.
Replacement of this shell today with oars and sales tax is in excess of $7,200.00.
Price: $5,000.00 F.O.B. San Diego
Contact info email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Willis E. Short II
| 3) 2011 carbon Maas 24
Maas 24 Carbon Fiber, excellent condition. Purchased new 2011. Comes with bailer, large fin, bow ball and Burnham cover. Asking $3700.00. Located in Tempe, AZ
Sam Fisch: call 360-296-0238 or Email: email@example.com
4) Maas 24, built in 2002. Shell is in excellent condition and rows beautifully. I am asking $2550. Sale does not include oars. If you are interested you can contact Rich Hundahl by phone or text at 425-299-7650, or by E-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. The shell is located on Martha Lake, north of Lynnwood, WA.
Given the high demand, used boats move quickly. We prefer to help Maas boat owners sell their shells. We maintain a list of rowers in search of used Maas boats, and we do our best to link sellers with buyers. Linking buyers and sellers allows the seller to realize full retail value for their shell and let’s the buyer avoid sales taxes. If the extent of our service is solely to match a buyer with a seller, there is no brokerage fee.
We know that owners of Maas shells appreciate full-service and dealer support throughout the time they own their shell. Maas boat owners can be confident there is a very strong market for their used shell should their situation change and a need arise to sell their loved boat. We are committed to maintaining that market demand and matching it with the limited supply of used Maas shells.
For more information or to get on the list of buyers seeking a used boat, contact Evergreen Rowing. You may also want to check the classified section of Row2K.com, the most active market for used boats. Use the search feature to search for “Maas”. Used shells are also listed on the Noteboard page at soundrowers.org and with increasing frequency on Craigslist.
In the rare event when a seller has difficulty finding a buyer or if the seller doesn’t want to handle the sale of his/her shell, Evergreen Rowing will hold any used Maas boat on consignment. If you place your shell with us on consignment, we charge a $300 brokerage fee.