Used Maas boats are in demand.
We are eager to have boats for the multitudes dreaming of owning a used boat. Contact us if you want to sell your Maas boat. If you want to list your used Maas shell here (there’s no charge), here’s what to do:
- write your own ad and email it to us. Include the year your shell was built, its condition, its features and optional equipment, any accessories or related gear, your price, the location of your shell and how to contact you. Let us know if photos are available (or send them to us).
- We’ll then post your ad and also email it to those who’ve told us they seek a Maas like yours.
- Any further negotiation and communication is between you and the prospective buyer.
- If we can help transport your shell to the buyer please let us know.
If you are interested in a boat listed here, contact the seller directly. As of August 3, 2021 I know of three Maas shells now available (except for those listed by others in the classifieds on the Noteboard at soundrowers.org, at row2k.com or on Craigslist).
- 1996 carbon MAAS 24 rowing shell $3,580. 2nd owner; purchased 8/2001; Excellent condition. This is the boat of choice for serious rowers, the fastest boat an experienced sculler can row in open water. Carbon fiber lightweight model (34#) hull, white with light teal border stripe, white wing, large fin, Richie compass, self-bailer, bow ball. Price also includes Douglas Feathor wooden oars, boat slings, Sunbrella boat cover.
Light use between 2001 and 2013, carefully garage stored since then in quilted Sunbrella cover. Ready to row. Located in Ann Arbor, MI. Contact Bob at firstname.lastname@example.org or text 734 417 5606.
2) 1992 Classic AERO in fantastic condition and appearance for its age. Features the original triangular riggers which many consider the most rigid configuration. Concept II oarlocks. Latanzo double action sliding seat. Self bailer. All parts in excellent condition. Beautiful custom red deck details painted by MAAS at the time of construction. Firmly priced at $3,880. This beautiful boat is ready to row. Located in Portland, OR. contact Kim at email@example.com.
3) Maas 27 and Dreher Oars both purchased new in 2015. Has always been stored inside and always kept waxed, its condition is as close to new as you can get, current boats are built exactly the same. It has only been lightly rowed, not a race boat. The oars are in the same condition with no scratches, chips or dings also always stored inside and lightly used. Located in San Diego California. Can help with delivery in Western U. S. Text me at 619-857-2904. $5,000.
Given the high demand, used boats move quickly. We prefer to help Maas boat owners sell their shells. We maintain a list of rowers in search of used Maas boats, and we do our best to link sellers with buyers. Linking buyers and sellers allows the seller to realize full retail value for their shell and lets the buyer avoid sales taxes. If the extent of our service is solely to match a buyer with a seller, there is no brokerage fee.
We know that owners of Maas shells appreciate full-service and dealer support throughout the time they own their shell. Maas boat owners can be confident there is a very strong market for their used shell should their situation change and a need arise to sell their loved boat. We are committed to maintaining that market demand and matching it with the limited supply of used Maas shells.
For more information or to get on the list of buyers seeking a used boat, contact Evergreen Rowing. You may also want to check the classified section of Row2K.com, the most active market for used boats. Use the search feature to search for “Maas”. Used shells are also listed on the Noteboard page at soundrowers.org and with increasing frequency on Craigslist.
In the rare event when a seller has difficulty finding a buyer or if the seller doesn’t want to handle the sale of his/her shell, Evergreen Rowing will hold any used Maas boat on consignment. If you place your shell with us on consignment, we charge a $300 brokerage fee and Washington state sales tax, where applicable.